Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Vach, Matthias" <ma...@sap.com> on 2009/09/17 17:09:29 UTC

mvn dependency:tree ends up in a nullpointer

Hi all,
I need to define that any versions of javax.el:el-api are provided by my runtime system and must not be packed into my ear.
To avoid excluding that artifact javax.el:el-api from each and every dependency where it is referenced, I defined it as explicit provided artefact:

<dependency>
  <groupId>javax.el</groupId>
  <artifactId>el-api</artifactId>
  <version>[1.0,)</version>
  <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

This is building fine and works as expected but
Sadly the version definition [1.0,) leads to an null pointer:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] version was null for javax.el:el-api
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException: version was null for javax.el:el-api
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.DefaultArtifact.getBaseVersion(DefaultArtifact.java:390)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.DefaultArtifact.getId(DefaultArtifact.java:225)

Can you give me the reason for that NPE?

THX for your help,
Regards Matthias

AW: mvn dependency:tree ends up in a nullpointer

Posted by "Vach, Matthias" <ma...@sap.com>.
Hi does nobody know a solution?

Regards Matthias

> This is building fine and works as expected but
> Sadly the version definition [1.0,) leads to a null pointer when I generate the dependency:tree (mvn dependency:tree)

Regards Matthias

Posted by "Vach, Matthias" <ma...@sap.com>.
Upppsss, sorry,

I mean: