Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Hari Venkata Ramana Addepalli <ha...@tcs.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/26 04:52:01 UTC

Few files are not generated with thrift 0.14.0 compiler compared to 0.13.0

Hi ,

We are trying to uplift thrift from 0.13.0 to 0.14.0. We have three thrift files.

  1.  from**.thrift
  2.  to**.thrift
  3.  **Common.thrift

By using the below command , we generate source code from thrift files.
thrift -r --gen cpp:pure_enums thriftfile

When we tried to generate source code with to**.thrift using thrift0.14.0, we observed the difference in the list of files generated.

Below are the list of flies generated with thrift0.14.0 and thrift0.13.0 versions for to**.thrift file

thrift0.14.0
thrift0.13.0

  *   **Common_types.cpp
  *   **Common_types.h
  *   to**.cpp
  *   to**.h
  *   to**_server.skeleton.cpp
  *   to**_types.h

  *   **Common_constants.cpp
  *   **Common_constants.h
  *   **Common_types.cpp
  *   **Common_types.h
  *   to**.cpp
  *   to**.h
  *   to**_constants.cpp
  *   to**_constants.h
  *   to**_server.skeleton.cpp
  *   to**_types.cpp
  *   to**_types.h

Below are list of files missed to generate with thrift0.14.

  *   **Common_constants.cpp
  *   **Common_constants.h
  *   to**_constants.cpp
  *   to**_constants.h
  *   to**_types.cpp

We would like to know if there is any update in thrift0.14.0 complier related to generation of missing files (constants.cpp and types.cpp) files from thrift files.

Could you please assist.

Thanks
Hari

Re: Few files are not generated with thrift 0.14.0 compiler compared to 0.13.0

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Does the code compile and work?

If the code works as expected: What do you need these files for?

If it does not not work: Could you tell what is broken?

> We would like to know if there is any update in thrift0.14.0 complier
> related to generation of missing files (constants.cpp and types.cpp)
> files from thrift files.

If it is really only about *having* those files, you can easily create some
empty files yourself.

Have fun,
JensG