Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Dan King <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/17 14:35:15 UTC

CXF's clients

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the dependencies are for CXF's clients? I'd like to get only those dependencies relevant to CXF's clients.

Also, as an alternative to CXF's built-in clients, has anyone tried Apache's HttpClient? If yes, is it a viable alternative? How difficult was it to setup with a CXF service?

Thanks.

RE: CXF's clients

Posted by Tom Gregory <to...@presidiohealth.com>.
I've used Apache's HTTPClient with very good results.  It is straight
forward to implement and does everything that I need it to do.  I would
say that you should look into it.  Please note, however, that it is
primarily used as a RESTful client with Get, Put, Post, Delete and other
methods.  Therefore, if you are looking for a SOAP client, HTTPClient is
not for you.  But if you are looking to make simple HTTP calls, then it
works great.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thomas P. Gregory