Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/20 19:26:45 UTC

[BUG]: "Header unset does not work" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)

--
Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, gaele@twinfo.nl wrote:

> Header unset does not seem to work at all.

It works fine:

> I tried to unset Connection, Accept-Ranges, ETag, Last-Modified and Content-Length
> without any effect.

Ah... there's your problem. All these headers are set internally by
the server, and no module (e.g. mod_headers) can affect them.

> This is a pity, as Accept-Ranges causes a problem with Acrobat
> Reader plugin and Netscape Navigator.

I'm confused as to why this would be. Apache implements byteranges
exactly to the HTTP/1.1 specification - which Netscape helped write.

It would be helpful if you could provide more information.

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server