Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Joel Pearson <jo...@agiledigital.com.au> on 2008/05/27 08:48:37 UTC

Subqueries in the FROM clause...

Hi,

Reading this url:
http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/jpa_langref.html#jpa_langref_subqueries

Is the following paragraph:

Support for subqueries in the |FROM | clause will be considered in a
later release of the specification.

Has this been considered yet?  If so, which release are we likely to see
this in?

Cheers,

-Joel

--

Joel Pearson
Software Engineer

Re: Subqueries in the FROM clause...

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> Has this been considered yet?

I don't believe that the JPA expert group has considered this yet.
(Note that this is the forum for the Apache OpenJPA product, not the
JPA spec itself.)

The feature also does not currently exist within the OpenJPA product.

-Patrick

On May 27, 2008, at 4:48 PM, Joel Pearson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reading this url:
> http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/jpa_langref.html#jpa_langref_subqueries
>
> Is the following paragraph:
>
> Support for subqueries in the |FROM | clause will be considered in a
> later release of the specification.
>
> Has this been considered yet?  If so, which release are we likely to
> see this in?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Joel
>
> --
>
> Joel Pearson
> Software Engineer
> Agile Digital Engineering Pty Ltd
> A.B.N. 98 106 361 273
> P: +61 1300-858-277
> F: +61 1300-858-477
> M: +61 (0) 405-417-843
> E: joel.pearson@agiledigital.com.au
> W: http://www.agiledigital.com.au

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: Subqueries in the FROM clause...

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Are you really asking for subqueries in the FROM clause, or as part of the
WHERE clause?  JPA and OpenJPA support subqueries in the WHERE clause, but
not in the FROM clause.

Kevin

Posted by Michael Thornton <mi...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,