Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Stefaan Dutry <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/22 09:50:48 UTC

Need help configuring Archiva LDAP configuration with anonymous snapshot deploy

In our current setup we only use the LDAP configuration to
authenticate and not for authorisation.

We would like to switch to using LDAP group membership to configure
group membership.

Reasons:
  -) Archiva is not able to find all LDAP users in the Users -> Manage section.
  -) The dirty workaround we used to configure user - role management
for those we couldn't find, no longer works with version 2.2.3
(abusing the REST-API)

What we managed to do so far:
  -) We managed to connect to LDAP successfully
  -) We managed to set up the groups in LDAP and configure the
LDAP/Roles Mappings
  -) We switched to only LDAP User Manager and only LDAP RBac Manager
(Users -> Users Runtime Configuration)

Problems we are having:
  -) We are no longer able to upload an artifact to the snapshot
repository. We need this because we are using jenkins to start builds
and create snapshots automatically
  -) We tried adding the roles to the Guest user, but they seem to be
automatically removed after a certain amount of time (15 min or so)
  -) Archiva tends to log me out randomly, even when i'm active.

Version: 2.2.3

Can someone help me find what settings are incorrect.

Re: Need help configuring Archiva LDAP configuration with anonymous snapshot deploy

Posted by Stefaan Dutry <st...@gmail.com>.
Thx for your response.

> You can try to keep the default guest user as 'guest' and change the filter for the ldap query to exclude the
> guest user. But I'm not sure, if this works.
I think we'll just stay with the configuration and ignore the message
for the time being.

> Regarding the 1000 results:
> Do you have Active Directory as LDAP server running? As I know AD has a server limit for the returned results
> per query ...
Yes, our company uses Active Directory as the LDAP query.

> So sorry, that I cannot provide more useful help
Your help was useful enough for our needs.

> Feel free to create a JIRA ticket for both (or a pull request).
I'll consider it. I'd like to investigate further into the cause of
them before making a JIRA issue (and afterwards maybe a pull request).
Unfortunately i've not yet been able to decipher how the archiva
application works exactly, let alone create a possible fix/workaround.

Regards,
Stefaan Dutry

Posted by Martin <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefaan,