Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jorge Vásquez <jv...@3eyegroup.com> on 2006/11/23 16:51:33 UTC

Overwriting tomahawk component...

Regards,

I am requiring to change some behaviour in the datascroller component and I
have decided to overwrite it.  (Of course, I already tried out all the
possibilities it offered and didn´t found what I needed).

I am using facelets so first thing I changed was tomahawk.taglib.xml where I
added the following:

      <tag>

            <tag-name>dataScroller</tag-name>

            <component>

                  <component-type>

                        org.apache.myfaces.modified.HtmlDataScroller

                  </component-type>

                  <renderer-type>

                        org.apache.myfaces.modified.DataScroller

                  </renderer-type>

            </component>

      </tag>

Next thing I did was I changed faces-config.xml and added the following:

      <render-kit>

            <renderer>

                  <component-family>javax.faces.Panel</component-family>

<renderer-type>org.apache.myfaces.modified.DataScroller</renderer-type>

                  <renderer-class>

com.alerotech.client.myfaces.custom.datascroller.ALTHtmlDataScrollerRenderer

                  </renderer-class>

            </renderer>

      </render-kit>

      <component>

<component-type>org.apache.myfaces.modified.HtmlDataScroller</component-type

<component-class>com.alerotech.client.myfaces.custom.ALTHtmlDataScroller</co
mponent-class>

    </component>

I am getting the following error:

javax.faces.FacesException: Undefined component type
org.apache.myfaces.modified.HtmlDataScroller

I don´t know what I am missing here, I have the respective classes:

com.alerotech.client.myfaces.custom.datascroller.ALTHtmlDataScrollerRenderer

and

com.alerotech.client.myfaces.custom.ALTHtmlDataScroller

Is there any known procedure to extend components?  What step am I missing?

Regards,

Jorge Vásquez

RE: Overwriting tomahawk component...

Posted by Jorge Vásquez <jv...@3eyegroup.com>.
Oops, sorry my error, wrong class name in component-class.

Thanks,

JV

  _____