Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Jed Smith <je...@jedsmith.org> on 2009/12/10 16:02:08 UTC

[libcloud] Re: reworking CONTRIBUTORS file

On Dec 10, 2009, at 12:04 AM, Tom Davis wrote:

> Perhaps create a simple format to follow and stick it in the driver's __doc__?

I like this idea.

I really threw CONTRIBUTORS together because the project felt like it needed
it at that point, but this idea sounds better.  If a consistent format is adhered
to in docstrings, regenerating static things like CONTRIBUTORS and such becomes
a trivial matter.

Jed Smith
jed@jedsmith.org

Re: [libcloud] Re: reworking CONTRIBUTORS file

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
A change log is a good place to list each contributor with a short
summary of the change they made. This is typically added by the
committer on each commit. E.g.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/CHANGES.txt

Tom