Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com> on 2017/04/20 13:28:34 UTC

Discussion about logging on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/66ftqf/logging_levels_the_wrong_abstraction/

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: Discussion about logging on Reddit

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Good Morning Chen

Sad to see you leave. You can unsubscribe yourself by sending a mail to
dev-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org.

Cheers,
Dominik

Posted by Chen Y <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
For instance, suppose I want to drop the level of all log messages in the
parent logger "org.example.project" by one priority except for error. So
this would map WARN -> INFO, INFO -> DEBUG, etc. I'm not exactly sure on a
DSL here, but it's more of a thought than a feature request right now.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Discussion about logging on Reddit

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
What I'm suggesting is remapping the levels before they're filtered. That's
just for the output format.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Discussion about logging on Reddit