Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by fe...@tlen.pl on 2006/08/03 13:19:35 UTC

File system

I have a question about system of writing data on hard disk. How derbi write data to files and which files are date.

Re: File system

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
fedmachn@tlen.pl wrote:
> I have a question about system of writing data on hard disk. How derbi write data to files and which files are date.

Hi -
The experts in Derby internal processing are on the derby-dev maillist -
this list handles usage questions but here are some very basic answers.

Derby utilizes java.io methods for writing in order to be platform
independent.  The developers can talk to which ones and why if this is
of interest.

The Derby data files are found in in the 'seg0' subdirectory of the
database directory.  There is one c*.dat file for each table and index
(c stands for Conglomerate).