Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/05 17:17:17 UTC

Docs: Management server prereqs question

I just had the management server prereqs called to my attention,
specifically this line:

250 GB of local disk (more results in better capability; 500 GB recommended)

Assuming that we aren't using the management server as primary and
secondary storage (perhaps that's an assumption that I missed), what
exactly are we doing with 250GB of storage? Base OS is a few gig at
worst, our packages are perhaps a few hundred megabytes. Even running
the database on the same machine and it being a REALLY large
deployment isn't going to eat up hundreds of gigs.

Also - what capability increase does adding more storage to the
management server buy one?

--David

RE: Docs: Management server prereqs question

Posted by Kevin Kluge <Ke...@citrix.com>.
I don't see how there is a capability issue.  At one time we had problems with people not having enough space to uncompress the downloaded system VM template during install time.  We added prereqs to help avoid that problem.  But I don't see how to justify 250 GB.