Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jarl van Schie <ja...@skim.com> on 2004/07/29 09:00:44 UTC

AxisFault override problem

Hi all,

By using the Axis WSDL2Java tool I ran into a problem I cannot cope with.

The WSDL file contains a complextype with amongst others a faultCode element
of type xsd:int.
When turning this into a Java proxy with WSDL2Java, it results in a class that
extends AxisFault and a method getFaultCode() that returns an int primitive
(based on the xsd:int type found in WSDL?).

Compiling this generated proxy returns the error below:

cannot override getFaultCode() in org.apache.axis.AxisFault; attempting to use
incompatible return type
found   : int
required: javax.xml.namespace.QName

As the WSDL does not belong to me, there is no way for me to change the
faultCode element type. Is there a way to workaround this problem? I was
thinking of explicitly not extending AxisFault, but I do not know how to do
this (is this allowed?) by using commandline options...

I am quite new to SOAP/Axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in
advance.

Jarl