Posted to users@maven.apache.org by iossif <io...@gmx.de> on 2008/11/05 22:30:02 UTC

Generating Eclipse-PDE-Project with dependencies to spring

Hi,

I have problems with generating the right eclipse project files
by mvn eclipse:eclipse if I use spring-dependencies.
That's my situation: we have a pde-project, so I configured
the eclipse-plugin for PDE-support by adding the
plugin-configuration to our pom.
<plugin>
	<artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
	<configuration>
		<pde>true</pde>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

Because we have to use same spring features in our pde
projects I also added the following dependency to the
pom:

<dependency>
	<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
	<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
	<version>2.5.5</version>
	<scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

But if I call mvn eclipse:eclipse, the classpath-entries in
the .classpath and the resourcelinks in .project are
missing. I also tried to set the copy-dependencies-execution
to the pom, discribed under
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/pde.html,
but the spring-dependency is missing.

I only get a dependency to commons-logging-1.1.1.jar, linked
into .project, .class and manifest.mf.
I suppose, maybe that's it related to the optional-tag I
found in spring-2.5.5.pom. But I don't know exactly what
features of spring our developers need, so I tried to set the
full dependency to spring-2.5.5.jar. Any suggestions how to
link and fully include the spring-2.5.5.jar correctly into
the pde project?

Thanks for your help
io