Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk> on 2014/10/28 18:14:39 UTC

Managed to subscribe.. :)

I hereby announce that I finally managed to subscribe to
dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org ..

If you get this email, then I am also able to send emails.. let's see
if it thinks I am stian@mygrid.org.uk instead.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sitan,

Yes you are on. I was lonely on the list, so welcome onboard!! :)

Suresh

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 28/10/14 23:57, Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> On 28/10/2014 17:14, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>> I hereby announce that I finally managed to subscribe to
>> dev@taverna.incubator.apache.org ..

Woot!

>> If you get this email, then I am also able to send emails.. let's see
>> if it thinks I am stian@mygrid.org.uk instead.
>
> For some reason, I have to do the approving. Do I know you? Maybe
> there's some other Stian out there, masquerading as the real one...
>
> Donal. ;-)

Lists can be tuned by adding an address to LIST-allow@ and the easy way
(only way?) is to send an email to the address LIST-allow@ -- thyat
happens if you reply-all to the moderation message as the email magic is
cc on the message.  The cc should be
users-allow-...stuff...@taverna.inc.a.o.

And people do often send from the wrong address ...

"list allow" will permit the address but it's not a subscription so you
don't get copies to that address.

Because list subscription is also an agreement that covers code
contributions sent to Apache, subscribing/allowing people without
permission is not good.

Andy

Re: Managed to subscribe.. :)

Posted by "Donal K. Fellows" <do...@manchester.ac.uk>.