Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Cliff Resnick <cr...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/08 17:33:46 UTC

Question on checkpoint management

When a job cancel-with-savepoint finishes a successful Savepoint, the
preceding last successful Checkpoint is removed. Is this the intended
behavior? I thought that checkpoints and savepoints were separate entities
and, as such, savepoints should not infringe on checkpoints. This is
actually an issue for us because we have seen occurrences of false-positive
successful savepoints, perhaps due to S3 latency. Bottom line, we'd like to
treat savepoints as insurance rather than the critical path and would
rather they be oblivious to checkpoint management.

We are using externalized checkpoints, which may be confusing things. Also
I know checkpoint management is undergoing some changes in Flink 1.3 (we
are on Flink 1.2.0). Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Re: Question on checkpoint management

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.
I think this jira is helpful for your question: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6328 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6328>