Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/10 21:27:04 UTC

Yoko in osgi

Trying to get HandleDelegate to bind to jndi I seem to be going down the rabbit hole of making yoko work in osgi.  Here's my current plan:

1. copy RIcks' ProviderLocator class from specs to one of the yoko jars that needs to be in the endorsed dir.
2. Activate it from a yoko bundle

3. change all the Class.forName and classloader.loadClass() calls in yoko to try the provider locator first
4. try to figure out what needs to be registered as services or more likely service factories and maybe do this with blueprint.

I'm not sure if this is going to work in a non-osgi environment as well, but I guess since Rick got the specs to work there this should too.

There aren't too many places that load classes in yoko, so this might be a finite amount of work.

thanks
david jencks