Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by MG <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2017/11/18 20:53:44 UTC

break/return/continue support in "Appended Block Closures" finally completed

Hi,

I finally updated the incomplete Jira issue I created on supporting
break/return/continue inside of closures:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8301

(What stopped me initially was that when thinking about the two known
approaches (using return or try-catch) - and how the both bend Closure
semantics close to breaking point - I realized that support for inlining
closures would trivially introduce break/return/continue support - and a
bit later I saw that what I had thought about was exactly the way Kotlin
does it...).

Cheers,
mg