Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Victor Chinnappan <cv...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/25 00:22:06 UTC

BLOBS in SOAP. Feasible???

Hi all,
Greets.

Has anyone tried transferring large binary stuff
across the wire using SOAP. Assuming i have a java
class that can encapsulate this binary data (say a zip
file) would it be a good idea to use SOAP for this
kind of transfer....

suggestions, advice... welcome,

Thanks
Victor.C

http://mail.yahoo.com/

RE: BLOBS in SOAP. Feasible???

Posted by Brent G <su...@acm.org>.
I have been doing exactly that..encapsulating a zip file in a javabean.
Works quite well though some of the compression(on the wire) that was gained
by zipping is lost when base64 encoding.  Other than that it works great.

RE: BLOBS in SOAP. Feasible???

Posted by Brent G <su...@acm.org>.