Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/20 06:31:36 UTC

Using nested s with task

I need to pass a number of defines to a java command, so do I use <arg> in
the <java> task like this:

<arg value="-Dfoo=bar"/>
<arg value="-Dbaz=boz"/>

to get a java command line like:

java -Dfoo=bar -Dbaz=boz COM.foo.bar.Main

Unfortunately, when you run -verbose, the <java> task doesn't show the
actual command line it's sending -- it just says:
  [java] Calling COM.foo.bar.Main

I'm getting a null pointer exception, and I'm guessing it might be that
the defines aren't coming down the line right, but I can't really tell
without seeing what the actual command line looks like.

I've tried various variations on using value vs. line, but all to no
avail.

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Using nested s with task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 DH> I need to pass a number of defines to a java command, so do I use
 DH> <arg> in the <java> task [...] to get a java command line like:

 DH> java -Dfoo=bar -Dbaz=boz COM.foo.bar.Main

The stuff between java and the classname needs to be set using the
jvmargs, that's probably all you need to change.

Nevertheless, we should improve the output of the <java> task with
-verbose.

Stefan