Posted to users@maven.apache.org by noop <an...@hotmail.com> on 2006/12/13 09:01:14 UTC

Maven + Perforce - Checkin problem

Hi,
I am Maven rookie. I am trying to integrate maven with perforce.
I am able to run the p4 commands without any problems from the console.Using
maven ,Checkout and update work. However maven checkin and edit do not seem
to work.

"mvn scm:edit" does not give any error on the console . However, the files
are still in read-only mode.

"mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="checkin"" fails with the following output.

C:\Maven\perf111\target\checkout>mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="adf"
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scm'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building perf111
[INFO]    task-segment: [scm:checkin]
[INFO]
[INFO] [scm:checkin]
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] Unable to submit
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Command failed.Unable to submit
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Dec 13 12:22:11 GMT+05:30 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

this is my pom.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

  4.0.0
  com.sap.maven.app
  perf111
  jar
  1.0-SNAPSHOT
  perf111
  http://maven.apache.org

      junit
      junit
      3.8.1
      test

scm:perforce::3023://depot/perf111
scm:perforce::3023//depot/perf111
scm:perforce::3023

Can anyone tell me if i am missing something here?

Best Regards,
anoop

Re: Maven + Perforce - Checkin problem

Posted by noop <an...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Eric,
I tried again with debug trace on... This is the output.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::1 for project:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:1 from the repository
.
[DEBUG]
org.apache.maven.scm:maven-scm-provider-svn-commons:jar:1.0-beta-3:runtime
(selected for runtime)
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.0-beta-3:checkin' -->
[DEBUG]   (f) basedir = C:\Maven\perf111\target\checkout
[DEBUG]   (f) connectionType = developerConnection
[DEBUG]   (f) connectionUrl =
scm:perforce:Guest@inld50033083a:3023://depot/perf111
[DEBUG]   (f) developerConnectionUrl =
scm:perforce:Guest@inld50033083a:3023://depot/perf111
[DEBUG]   (f) message = abc
[DEBUG]   (f) settings = org.apache.maven.settings.Settings@1af33d6
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [scm:checkin]
[DEBUG] Executing p4 -H inld50033083a:3023 -u Guest submit -i
[DEBUG] Sending changelist:
Change: new

        abc

Files:

[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] Unable to submit
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Command failed.Unable to submit
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Command
failed.Unable to submit
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Command
failed.Unable to submit
        at
org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.AbstractScmMojo.checkResult(AbstractScmMojo.java:307)
        at
org.apache.maven.scm.plugin.CheckinMojo.execute(CheckinMojo.java:58)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 6 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Dec 14 10:19:38 GMT+05:30 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

anoop

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Try running it with the -e (error) or -X (debug) flags to get a more
detailed error message from the command line.

On 12/13/06, noop <an...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Maven rookie. I am trying to integrate maven with perforce.
> I am able to run the p4 commands without any problems from the
> console.Using
> maven ,Checkout and update work. However maven checkin and edit do not
> seem
> to work.
>
> "mvn scm:edit" does not give any error on the console . However, the files
> are still in read-only mode.
>
> "mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="checkin"" fails with the following output.
>
> C:\Maven\perf111\target\checkout>mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="adf"
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scm'.
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building perf111
> [INFO]    task-segment: [scm:checkin]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] [scm:checkin]
> [ERROR] Provider message:
> [ERROR] Unable to submit
> [ERROR] Command output:
> [ERROR]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Command failed.Unable to submit
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Dec 13 12:22:11 GMT+05:30 2006
> [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
> [INFO]
>
> this is my pom.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>
>   4.0.0
>   com.sap.maven.app
>   perf111
>   jar
>   1.0-SNAPSHOT
>   perf111
>   http://maven.apache.org
>

>       junit
>       junit
>       3.8.1
>       test
>

> scm:perforce::3023://depot/perf111
> scm:perforce::3023//depot/perf111
> scm:perforce::3023
>
> Can anyone tell me if i am missing something here?
>
> Best Regards,
> anoop

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond