Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Kuno Baeriswyl <ku...@bkw-fmb.ch> on 2007/03/23 15:05:10 UTC

IDE support for Trinidad & Facelets

Hello everybody!

I use MyEclipseIDE 5.1 for development. The JSP Editor provided
autocompletion and suggestion feature including taglib documentation,
even for trinidad.

I know that MyEclipse doens't fully support xhtml at the moment. Anyway,
I've got the suggestion for the standard JSF components. But I'm missing
the taglib documentation and the suggestion feature for the trinidad
components. Is there any alternative? Which IDE do you use? And if you
used Eclipse, did get working those features?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Kuno

Re: IDE support for Trinidad & Facelets

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Oh dang, I forgot to add the quote punctuations...

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9797&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135

>  Guys it has been confirmed by management that we will be improving the JSF
> tooling in 5.5 and adding XHTML support as our first steps towards Facelets.
> We don't be claiming full facelets support in 5.5, but things should get
> better, then I believe our goal is full Facelets by 6 or 6.1

we? I am thinking you are a siemens fujitsu guy ?
quited your job ?

-M

> In the meantime you could use Exadel for Facelets support or, if you don't
> mind the little extra work, it works nice in current MyEclipse as well as
> JDeveloper too if you setup the path to facelets.tld correctly.
>

> Regards,
>
> ~ Simon
>
> On 3/23/07, Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I use Netbeans 5.5 with the Facelets plugin.  It supports code completion
> > for JSF component libraries.
> >
> > Download Netbeans 5.5
> > http://www.netbeans.org/
> >
> > Download the Facelets Plugin
> > https://nbfaceletssupport.dev.java.net/features.html
> >
> > The facelets plugin is still in beta on its 5th development snapshot but
> > is
> > pretty decent.  If you have issues with the plugin, send them to the
> > mailing
> > list (you first have to join the project)
> >
> > On 3/23/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am using plain eclipse and an xml editor, therefore no auto
> > > completion feature :-)
> > > Perhaps you wanna try this editor:
> > > http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jsf/main.php
> > >
> > > I gave it a shot last year and it looked promising, not sure if it
> > > supports / will support Facelets. Join the mailing list and ask :-)
> > >
> > > -M

> > Anyway,
> > missing

> > > --
> > > Matthias Wessendorf
> > > http://tinyurl.com/fmywh
> > >
> > > further stuff:

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:

Posted by Kuno Baeriswyl <ku...@bkw-fmb.ch>.
Hello Brian,

I haven't found facelets.tld with google, but I could locate jsf-ui.tld
on http://www.thearcmind.com/confluence/display/SHJFT/Getting+started
+with+JSF,+Facelets,+Eclipse+WTP+and+Tomcat. I think it's the same,
because it has been also donated from Exadel.

I've put this file to my WEB-INF..but still, autocompletation doens't
work. Same for tr.tld and trh.tld from the trinidad lib.

What do you mean with "setup the path correctly"?

Thanks
Kuno

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello,