Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/06/08 21:53:11 UTC

Service properties cleanup

Hi,

I am working on the TDK right now and while I was trying to use something
like:

<database name="project">

I realized that the TurbineDB.getDatabaseMap() is hardcoded
to return "default". Then looking at the code for the service
I noticed that it requires the use of TurbineResources for
some values.

1. I would like to now clean up all the service properties
   so they are of the form services.<service>.property so that
   TurbineResources is not required in sibling services. This
   also coincides with the separation of the services framework
   from turbine that I am working on. I can build the services
   separately but there are still some coupling issues.

2. I would like to make the default database map configurable
   as a MapBroker service property instead of being hardcoded
   as default.

--

jvz.

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Service properties cleanup

Posted by Ilkka Priha <ip...@surfeu.fi>.
> I am working on the TDK right now and while I was trying to use something
> like:
>
> <database name="project">
>
> I realized that the TurbineDB.getDatabaseMap() is hardcoded
> to return "default". Then looking at the code for the service
> I noticed that it requires the use of TurbineResources for
> some values.
>
> 1. I would like to now clean up all the service properties
>    so they are of the form services.<service>.property so that
>    TurbineResources is not required in sibling services. This
>    also coincides with the separation of the services framework
>    from turbine that I am working on. I can build the services
>    separately but there are still some coupling issues.
>
> 2. I would like to make the default database map configurable
>    as a MapBroker service property instead of being hardcoded
>    as default.

+1, this is definitely needed to support "componentized" services.

-- Ilkka