Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 09:47:01 UTC

Re: What else can be built on top of YARN.

Thanks a lot for the responses. I now have a better understanding.

To answer to Jay's question , I think ZK can be used as for coordination
service for a distributed program (you have built it on top of exposed
granular api's) and it doesn't have features like resource management
(including allocation of resources based on requests) of cluster nodes ,
which yarn has.

Rahul