Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/31 06:49:52 UTC

build for windows hangs

I'm trying to build Ambari for windows using a command line that I think would get me there (since there are no instructions that can be found for Windows):

mvn  -X clean package -DnewVersion=2.4.2.0.0 -DskipTests -Dpython.ver="python >= 2.6" -P windows > mvnlog.txt 2>&1

This is where the job gets stopped. I have waited up to an hour at this time with no luck. I have stopped and started this a few times again with no luck.

[DEBUG]  - included docs\src\site\site.xml
[DEBUG]  - included KEYS
[DEBUG]  - included LICENSE.txt
[DEBUG]  - included logo.png
[DEBUG]  - included mvnlog.txt
[DEBUG]  - included NOTICE.txt
[DEBUG]  - included pom.xml
Warning: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not recognized.
Compiler warnings:
  WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.'
Warning: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Feature 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing' is not recognized.
Warning: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.
Warning: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not recognized.
Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

Re: build for windows hangs

Posted by jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks very much Myroslav

I didn't think i had any binaries of my own there. so i deleted my working folder and re-extracted files from the tar file

I reran the original command and it hung again

However when I added -Drat.skip as you suggested. It proceeded further until it failed in Ambari Web. I have posted a new issue for that already. So as long as the hang issue is concerned it is fixed.

________________________________
This looks like place where rat plugin does its job.
Most likely this is not a hang, but you have some large binary file in you working copy. Rat often spends too much time trying to analyze such things.

Try to disable rat plugin with -Drat.skip
If this helps look for binaries in your working copy and remove them.

Regards,
Myroslav Papirkovskyi

31 ???. 2017 ?. ? 08:49 jeff saremi <je...@hotmail.com>> ???????(??):

  WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.<http://javax.xml.xmlconstants/property/accessExternalDTD'%20is%20not%20recognized.>'
Warning: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Feature 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing<http://javax.xml.xmlconstants/feature/secure-processing>' is not recognized.
Warning: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD<http://javax.xml.xmlconstants/property/accessExternalDTD>' is not recognized.

Re: build for windows hangs

Posted by Myroslav Papyrkovskyy <mp...@hortonworks.com>.