Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> on 2006/08/08 17:25:14 UTC

Re: Code style

Re: Code style, I don't have a good template to share and I'd be very
interested in sharing one between all developers.

Hey Maciej - do you use one?  Seems like we're following your style so
it would be nice if you could set the standard.  I'd also be curious to
know if you'd be amenable to switching to 4-space indentation (from the
current 2-space) which seems to be the norm in most Java projects.

alex

Re: Code style

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
And what about not truncating lines with more than 70 characters? Maybe
pushing the limit up to 120 characters? Like who has an editor opened with
only 70 characters width nowadays? Just one more on the pet peeve list :)

Re: Code style

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.  I think it's important that we all
use the same format and that's why I was proposing something I thought
was more common.  If 2-space indentation is also used widely, then I
don't have a concern.

Can you share your Eclipse code template style?  Maybe we could place it
in SVN?

alex

Re: Code style

Posted by Maciej Szefler <mb...@intalio.com>.