Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bmg125 <br...@reged.com> on 2009/06/19 17:27:01 UTC

ChenilleKit IE Rendering

I am using the components in ChenillKit/T5Components extensively in my app,
but I am running into some issues with how they are rendered in IE vs
Firefox.  As is usually the case, the components looks great in Firefox.
But often struggle in IE.

In fact, while using IE6 even the demo doesn't render correctly.  I am most
concerned with the rendering of the window components.  It looks like the
bluelighting and mac_os_x styles are having problems.  In addition, it seems
like the loading of the window page is lagging in IE.  I am not sure what is
causing that.

I have also noticed that IE seems to calculate the size of hidden divs
differently that firefox does.  This makes for some strange behavior with
different components "jumping" across the screen during some actions.

I know that the cross browswer functionality is a huge hurdle to get over,
but was wondering if anyone else has run into this problems and/or had a
work around for getting these components working consistently between
firefox and ie.