Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Lister <jo...@kickstone.com> on 2010/10/26 09:23:28 UTC

How to prevent Apache decoding characters with mod_jk

Hi, I'm using mod_jk to interface to apache to tomcat and I've come
across a small problem, it looks like apache (or maybe mod_jk) is
decoding the url presented to apache before passing it onto tomcat. This
is causing problems with my app (using Jersey) which complains that the
decoded urls aren't valid (for example if they contain %20, the URI
class - used within Jersey - complains that a space isn't valid in a URL).

Is it possible to prevent this from happening and pass the original url
straight through to tomcat?

I'm using apache 2.2.14 and mod_jk 1.2.28

Thanks

John

Re: How to prevent Apache decoding characters with mod_jk

Posted by John Lister <jo...@kickstone.com>.
Apologies, I came across this problem late last night and was probably
too asleep to spot the solution, a quick recheck this morning after
posting revealed
forwardURICompat and forwardURIEscaped, the former was turned on.

Problem solved,

Thanks

John