Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 02:11:29 UTC

2.1 builds

Do we have any pending blocking tickets for a 2.1 builds? or are we just
missing free time from our build masters? It would be nice to get 2.1
rolling.  I was looking at:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/creating-and-signing-a-struts-21x-distribution.html

and I have to say that it looks very scary for the uninitiated (me). Is
there anything we can do to make that process easier?

musachy

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> >From the ones scheduled for 2.1.3 there are still some minor ones in there,
> and other that are on hold for different reasons. I will start playing with
> the release process over the weekend. We also need an xwork release right?

Looks like struts-annotations-1.0.4 also needs to be released first as
we're working off a snapshot.

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
They seem to be working, at least for me.

musachy

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.struts2.views.freemarker.FreemarkerManager.getConfiguration(FreemarkerManager.java:159)
    at
org.apache.struts2.components.template.FreemarkerTemplateEngine.renderTemplate(FreemarkerTemplateEngine.java:90)
    at org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.mergeTemplate(UIBean.java:558)
    at
org.apache.struts2.components.ClosingUIBean.start(ClosingUIBean.java:59)
    at
org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ComponentTagSupport.doStartTag(ComponentTagSupport.java:53)
    at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.decorators.main_jsp._jspx_meth_s_005fa_005f0(main_jsp.java:337)
    at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.decorators.main_jsp._jspService(main_jsp.java:134)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
I'll crosscheck this, too.

Germany      | gielen at it-neering.net

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
Musachy,

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.1 builds

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Do we have any pending blocking tickets for a 2.1 builds? or are we just
> missing free time from our build masters? It would be nice to get 2.1
> rolling.  I was looking at:
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/creating-and-signing-a-struts-21x-distribution.html
>
> and I have to say that it looks very scary for the uninitiated (me). Is
> there anything we can do to make that process easier?
>
> musachy

I'll try to dedicate some time to closing 2.1 issues this Friday (my
time).  I thought the remaining issues were generally dojo related but
haven't looked lately.  It seems there's been quite a lot of take-up of
2.1.2 so there may be a few new issues.

Regarding the build process, last time I attempted to follow what Don
had done and managed to get to step 6 myself (with -DdryRun=true),
although I skipped the "clobbling a j4 release" notes.  It took ages and