Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michael Caughey <mi...@caughey.com> on 2006/01/28 06:02:05 UTC

JCA connector.

I've looked around the site where do I find the JCA connector RAR?

-michael

Re: JCA connector.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 28 Jan 2006, at 05:02, Michael Caughey wrote:

> I've looked around the site where do I find the JCA connector RAR?

I've updated the wiki/site to give locations of the RAR downloads...

http://activemq.org/Resource+Adapter

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: JCA connector.

Posted by Michael Caughey <mi...@caughey.com>.
What am I missing here?  I found the 4.0 Snapshot, but its not a RAR its a
JAR, and I the same for 3.2,  I found activemq-ra-4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, and I
found activemq-ra-3.2.jar.  The latter has no ra.xml file so it doesn't
deploy correctly.  The former deploys but when I follow the directions on
the site for integration with JBoss and I place the panacya-jms-ds.xml file
in the deploy directoy i get the following error:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra-1.4.rar'
  State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  Depends On Me:
    jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=activemq/QueueConnectionFactory
    jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=activemq/TopicConnectionFactory
    activemq.queue:name=outboundQueue

that makes sense given i have not deployed activemq-ra-1.4.rar.  So if I
change the XML file to use  activemq-ra-4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, rAather than
'activemq-ra-1.4.rar' I get the following error:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
ObjectName:
jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra-4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'
  State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  Depends On Me:
    jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=activemq/QueueConnectionFactory
    jboss.jca:service=ManagedConnectionFactory,name=activemq/TopicConnectionFactory
    activemq.queue:name=outboundQueue

I know the problem is related to the xml file, I should I say i'm preetty
sure.  Things appear to deploy fine if I don;t use the xml file.  What i did
was to rename the activemq-ra-4.0-SNAPSHOT.zip to
activemq-ra-4.0-SNAPSHOT.rar and place it in the deploy directory.  I also
placed the xbean-spring-2.1.jar in the lib directory for the server.

Given that there are only snapshots of 4.0 it appears to me that the only
procudtion ready version is 3.2.1.  Given that I really want to use the RAR
for 3.2.  where can i find it?  And are my problems above becuase I used the
wrong xml file with the snapshot?  Will it fix itself when I use the 3.2
connector?

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Michael Caughey <mi...@caughey.com>.