Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by V SudershanReddy <vs...@huawei.com> on 2010/01/28 11:15:06 UTC

solr - katta integration

Hi,

  Can we Integrate solr with katta?

  In order to overcome the limitations of Solr in distributed search, I need
to integrate katta with solr, without loosing any features of Solr.

  Any Suggestions?

  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Sudharshan

RE: solr - katta integration

Posted by V SudershanReddy <vs...@huawei.com>.
Hi Jason,
 I looked at your way of integrating katta into solr in issue 1395 and I was
trying to understand the architecture of the whole set up .

I understand that Solr+Katta nodes talk to each other via Hadoop RPC
(provided by Katta).

Is the real search being taken care by SOLR and the SOLRs communicate via
Hadoop RPC?

which node takes care of the original client SOLR http request(the one with
the shards parameter)? This node probably communicate to other SOLR +Katta
node via Hadoop RPC ?

There is only Http request to the SOLR+Katta node and it gets propagated to
other nodes in the cluster via RPC and SOLR again takes care of search?

It would be great if you could shed some light on this .

thanks

Sudershan Reddy

What's the limitation you're running into?

Jason

Re: solr - katta integration

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reddy,