Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2009/10/16 17:10:40 UTC

JAMES now use MINA

Hi all,

I just wanted to give you some heads up. I'm currently work on moving
JAMES trunk over to MINA. The first component is now workin. JAMES now
offers a async SMTPServer using MINA  and a "normal" SMTPServer using
Excalibur.  I plan to add support for MINA on the other components as
well, which includes POP3Server, IMAPServer, RemoteManager and
NNTPServer.

So far MINA is workin great. Thx for the hard work.

PS: We are using 2.0.0-M6

Re: JAMES now use MINA

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Sorry missed this list ...
>

> Bye,
> Norman

cool :-)

- robert

Fwd: JAMES now use MINA

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Sorry missed this list ...

Bye,
Norman

Re: JAMES now use MINA

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to give you some heads up. I'm currently work on moving
> JAMES trunk over to MINA. The first component is now workin. JAMES now
> offers a async SMTPServer using MINA  and a "normal" SMTPServer using
> Excalibur.  I plan to add support for MINA on the other components as
> well, which includes POP3Server, IMAPServer, RemoteManager and
> NNTPServer.
>
> So far MINA is workin great. Thx for the hard work.

Great !!!

If you have any problem, feel free to post here, of course !

Hope we will share a beer in 2 weeks in oakland to celebrate that :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: JAMES now use MINA

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Nice!
It's something I use often : a TextLineCodec plus some IoFilter
and it's a PITA you can't stack ProtocolCodec in the chain and you
are forced to write an IoFilter.
Something to be changed for 3.0

Julien

Re: JAMES now use MINA