Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/07/12 23:26:43 UTC

update re: Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0

The following additional patches are committed to branch-1.1 and will be in
1.1.0:
- HADOOP-8365 - Add flag to disable durable sync
- HADOOP-8399 - Remove JDK5 dependency from Hadoop 1.0+ line
- HADOOP-8417 - HADOOP-6963 didn't update hadoop-core-pom-template.xml
- HADOOP-8445 - Token should not print the password in toString
- MAPREDUCE-2903 - Map Tasks graph is throwing XML Parse error when Job is
executed with 0 maps
- MAPREDUCE-2129 - Job may hang if
mapreduce.job.committer.setup.cleanup.needed=false and
mapreduce.map/reduce.failures.maxpercent>0

I've been trying to build and test the RC0, but am having build problems
with the 32-bit version.  Should have it figured out soon.

The following patch is committed to branch-1 and I'll see if I can apply it
to branch-1.1 before my next build:
- HDFS-3617 - Port HDFS-96 to branch-1 (support blocks greater than 2GB)

The following patch is committed to branch-1 but had conflicts with
branch-1.1 and will not be in RC0:
- HDFS-3596 - Improve FSEditLog pre-allocation in branch-1

The following patches are deferred, as they do not have currently committed
patches:
- HADOOP-7823 - port HADOOP-4012 to branch-1 (splitting support for bzip2)
- MAPREDUCE-4049 - plugin for generic shuffle service

Thanks,
--Matt

Re: update re: Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Matt,

Meanwhile, I am planning to promote the following changes:
HDFS-2465 - Add HDFS support for fadvise readahead and
drop-behind<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2465>
HADOOP-Support fadvise and sync_data_range in NativeIO, add ReadaheadPool
class <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7753>

These changes should be low risk - These i/o improvements are turned off by
default in configuration. Brandon Li has done quite a bit of testing
(TestDFSIO, teragen, terasort, teravalidate etc.) on a small cluster (3
nodes) in addition to unit tests.

Regards,
Suresh

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

Re: update re: Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Matt,

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

Re: update re: Hadoop-1.1.0-rc0

Posted by "Bhandarkar, Milind" <Mi...@emc.com>.
>- MAPREDUCE-4049 - plugin for generic shuffle service

Committers,

What else is needed on MR-4049 to commit ?

- milind