Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2016/07/22 02:16:46 UTC

new 4.8.0 RC?

How about a cutting a new RC now that the licensing work is complete,
Ankit? Looks like we can simplify the voting too by just having a single
vote across all versions by just include all the information in one VOTE
thread.

Would be good to get PHOENIX-3078 in too, if possible. We've had a few
other fixes come in which IMHO are all ok to include in the new RC.

Thanks,
James

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Yep, dev/make_rc.sh will build artifacts which, to the best of my
knowledge, are fully compliant with ASF guidelines.

No need to remove anything.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ankit,

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Can we get an RC up today, please? There's one JIRA waiting to be committed
and I think we're good after that. All licensing issues have been fixed.
Thanks,
James

On Sunday, July 24, 2016, <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, can we branch 4.8-x in git?That way bigger changes can still go into
> the 4.x branches, while bugs are fixed in 4.8-x branches.
> -- Lars

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by la...@apache.org.
What I do to allow commit even while running the tests is to create a tag in tag and then run jenkins against that tag instead of a branch.
-- Lars

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.
Ok, Given that 4.8.0 RC is taking time , we can fork 4.8-HBase-x.y branches
so that new features and bugs target for future releases(4.9+) can be
committed in 4.x branches and master.

Whatever is targeted for 4.8.0 needs to be committed in all 8
branches(three 4.x branches , master, four 4.8-HBase-x.y) as all 4.8
releases(including 4.8.0 or 4.8.x) will be done from 4.8-HBase-x.y branches.

I'll create the following new branches tomorrow morning IST,
4.8-HBase-0.98 (from 4.x-HBase-0.98)
4.8-HBase-1.0 (from 4.x-HBase-1.0)
4.8-HBase-1.1 (from 4.x-HBase-1.1)
4.8-HBase-1.2 (from master)

Let's discuss if someone has any concerns.

Regards,
Ankit Singhal

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 2:19 PM, <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, can we branch 4.8-x in git?That way bigger changes can still go into
> the 4.x branches, while bugs are fixed in 4.8-x branches.
> -- Lars

Re: new 4.8.0 RC?

Posted by la...@apache.org.