Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by St...@dlr.de on 2008/08/05 10:21:01 UTC

FWD: Testing modules using Python

Hi,
on modules-dev@httpd.apache.org Peter gave me the advice to build apache with the SHARED_CORE rule. Apache 2.x does not have this rule anymore. Is there something comparable in Apache 2.x?
Sorry for cross-posting but I think you are the guys who could help me.

Steven

Steven Mohr
Bachelor student

DLR (German Aerospace Center),
Simulation and Software Technology
Linder Hoehe, 51147 Cologne, Germany
voice: +49 2203 601 2956  fax: +49 2203 601 3070
eMail: steven.mohr at dlr.de      http://www.dlr.de/sc

Posted by Peter Poeml <po...@suse.de>.
Hi Steven,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:21:01 +0200, Steven.Mohr@dlr.de wrote:
> Hi,
> on modules-dev@httpd.apache.org Peter gave me the advice to build apache with the SHARED_CORE rule. Apache 2.x does not have this rule anymore. Is there something comparable in Apache 2.x?
> Sorry for cross-posting but I think you are the guys who could help me.
>
> Steven

The build infrastructure doesn't seem to know this anymore -

but does it work if you do the following?

	make clean
	CFLAGS='-D SHARED_CORE -fPIC' ./configure
	make

and then take the line which links together the httpd binary (the
one with
	libtool ... -mode=link gcc ... -o httpd ...
which is probably the last line)
and rerun it manually with a slight change:

	libtool ... -mode=link gcc ... -shared -o libhttpd.so ... server/exports.o

This should build the shared object anyway.
But it is possible that it doesn't provide what you need. YMMV.

> Steven Mohr
> Bachelor student
>
> DLR (German Aerospace Center),
> Simulation and Software Technology
> Linder Hoehe, 51147 Cologne, Germany
> voice: +49 2203 601 2956  fax: +49 2203 601 3070
> eMail: steven.mohr at dlr.de      http://www.dlr.de/sc

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development