Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yo...@gd-ais.com on 2003/11/19 00:33:43 UTC

Any success with Dashboard plugin and Reactor?

I was wondering if anybody had any success integrating Dashboard with a custom Reactor.  I have 4 projects with parallel directory structures:

/masterproject
/projecta
/projectb
/projectc

I have the dashboard plugin under reports in the masterproject POM and I added the following goal to masterproject's maven.xml:

  <goal name="master:site">
    <maven:reactor
     basedir="${basedir}/.."
     includes="projecta/project.xml,projectb/project.xml,projectc/project.xml"
     banner="Generating site for"
     goals="site:generate,dashboard:report-single"
     ignoreFailures="false"
     postProcessing="true"/>
    <attainGoal name="dashboard:report"/>
  </goal>

I followed the directions on the dashboard page (http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/dashboard/index.html) and was able to get Solution 1 working just fine.  Solution 2 also worked.  But I don't want to have any POMs or maven.xml one directory up from my projects.  When I run the above goal, however, my Dashboard report comes out empty.  Any ideas as to why this doesn't work or am I just totally off here?  And should I consider not making all my project directories parallel?  Thanks.

Yoway Buorn
Software Engineer
Imagery Systems Engineering

GENERAL DYNAMICS
Advanced Information Systems

"Make me a fire and I'm warm for a night.  Set me on fire and I'm warm for the rest of my life." -- Ancient Didactical Saying

RE: Any success with Dashboard plugin and Reactor?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
The dashboard uses the following includes property to look for projects:

maven.dashboard.includes=*/project.xml

Thus, if you run the dashboard from /masterproject it won't work. By
default all maven plugins using reactor assume the master project is at
the top with subprojects nested.

You can work around this by adding the following properties to your
project.properties in /masterproject.

maven.dashboard.includes=../*/project.xml
maven.dashboard.excludes=../masterproject

-Vincent

"