Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Zbierski Christophe <Ch...@atos.net> on 2012/12/13 11:12:21 UTC

loss znode

Hello, I have a problem with zookeeper.
I have a standalone HBase server, and I create a none  ephemeral znode (to manage my configuration).
When I started up again HBase, this znode no longer exists, and hbase working properly (event after the restart).

My hbase version is 0.94.3

hbase-site.xml :
  <property>
          <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
          <value>/DATA/zookeeper</value>
  </property>

Christophe Z.

________________________________

Ce message et les pi?ces jointes sont confidentiels et r?serv?s ? l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut ?galement ?tre prot?g? par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir imm?diatement l'exp?diteur et de le d?truire. L'int?grit? du message ne pouvant ?tre assur?e sur Internet, la responsabilit? d'Atos ne pourra ?tre recherch?e quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'exp?diteur ne donne aucune garantie ? cet ?gard et sa responsabilit? ne saurait ?tre recherch?e pour tout dommage r?sultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

RE: loss znode

Posted by Zbierski Christophe <Ch...@atos.net>.
Yes, I think use  Pseudo distributed mode for hbase.

Regards
Christophe Z.

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.

Re: loss znode

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.
Checking the code (for JM: it's in HMasterCommandLine), the only check is
on distributed on/off. So you need to be in distributed mode to have a
separate ZK. The pseudo distributed mode I was mentioning previously will
work.

It can be considered as a bug, at the minimum a documentation bug...

Re: loss znode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hum.

RE: loss znode

Posted by Zbierski Christophe <Ch...@atos.net>.
Hi JM, I downloaded and added new ZK, and  I started this server befor hbase.

So , I used an external ZK server (listen on 3181)

tof@W30596-lnx /opt/zookeeper-3.4.5/bin]# cat ../conf/zoo.cfg
tickTime=2000
initLimit=10
syncLimit=5
dataDir=/DATA/zookeeper
clientPort=3181

And I used hbase in standalone mode
export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false

and
  <property>
     <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
     <value>3181</value>
  </property>
  <property>
  <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>127.0.0.1</value>
  </property>

In this configuration, this is hbase logs :

 2012-12-13 17:06:58,593 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3181
2012-12-13 17:06:58,593 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MiniZooKeeperCluster: Failed binding ZK Server to client port: 3181
2012-12-13 17:06:58,594 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3182
2012-12-13 17:06:58,613 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog: Snapshotting: 0x0 to /tmp/hbase-tof/zookeeper/zookeeper_0/version-2/snapshot.0
2012-12-13 17:06:58,822 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: Accepted socket connection from /127.0.0.1:36652
2012-12-13 17:06:58,833 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn: Processing stat command from /127.0.0.1:36652
2012-12-13 17:06:58,844 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn: Stat command output
2012-12-13 17:06:58,847 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MiniZooKeeperCluster: Started MiniZK Cluster and connect 1 ZK server on client port: 3182
2012-12-13 17:06:58,848 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
java.io.IOException: Could not start ZK at requested port of 3181.  ZK was started at port: 3182.  Aborting as clients (e.g. shell) will not be able to find this ZK quorum.

Re: loss znode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Re: loss znode

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christophe,

You need to update all of your configuration, as per the pseudo-distributed
instructions [0]. Specifically, I believe you're missing
the hbase.cluster.distributed property.

-n

[0]: http://hbase.apache.org/book/standalone_dist.html#pseudo

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Zbierski Christophe <

RE: loss znode

Posted by Zbierski Christophe <Ch...@atos.net>.
[...]

2012-12-13 13:58:35,054 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3182

Re: loss znode

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Christophe,

RE: loss znode

Posted by Zbierski Christophe <Ch...@atos.net>.
Yes, I tried, but I can not do it ... :(

Re: loss znode

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.