Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Deepak Sable <ds...@raftinternational.com> on 2003/12/16 07:54:23 UTC

help needed in checkstyle-reports...

hi ...

After running the maven site:generate command .I get the doc and reports generated.
But what I see is that in the checkstyle-report...there r too many errors for coding standards.
I want to disable some of these
e.g. tab ,whitespace (in detail below)

'{' should be on the previous line.
line contains a tab character
'(' is followed by whitespace.
'+' should be on a new line.
and many of these types.

As I am really concerned  with the coding errors
and not the  coding standard errors.Is there anyway I can disable (or comment )these features so that i can reduce the
number of  errors for coding standards

thanks in advance

Deepak  Sable

Re: help needed in checkstyle-reports...

Posted by Martin Jaeger <mj...@netcetera.ch>.
Hi

You can add your own checkstyle definition in the project.properties.
e.g.

# your own checkstyle definition
maven.checkstyle.properties=${basedir}/my_checks.xml

Informations about the format of the file could be found at
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/

Bye
Martin