Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 17:55:51 UTC

Code Reviews

Hi All,

Its summer time. How about code reviews at least 2 hrs per week ?
But this 2 hrs should be effective and productive.

Please give suggestions to have an effective code review.
Afterwards lets come up with fixed rules for code reviews.

Thanks
Amila

Re: Code Reviews

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

This is great !
Please point out some code that you would like to review. We are going to
have maximum 2 hrs of time for code review.
Dont take too many files to review. Maximum 2 or 3 java classes with core
logic.

Also send us a brief description of the functionality of those classes
(prior to code review meeting). Dont explain the functionality during the
code review, we will check whether functionality you described is properly
implemented in the code.

Also lets try to schedule a "Google Hangout" session.

Thanks
Amila

Re: Code Reviews

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Code Reviews

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Amila,

Here is the airavata review board - https://reviews.apache.org/groups/Airavata/

Listed from - http://airavata.apache.org/tools/devtools.html

Suresh

Re: Code Reviews

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I think within 2 hours we can review multiple classes, because this code is
not huge. I would like to review following classes in gfac-core. I am just
mentioning classnames below.

GFacAPI, Scheduler, JobExecutionContext, MessageContext GFacProvider
interface and GramProvider(impl of GFacProvider), GFacHandler interface.

Please read the following content[1] to understand gfac-core functionality.
If you cannot see this document please request the access personally, this
is part of a paper I am working now.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e_xG82YTNUnsvheuZI9eoeJvpzLV8-Rkghgu6u-D6v8/edit

Thanks
Lahiru

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka
<sh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Great idea, I would like to join with this session, seems this is a great
> chance to familiar with the Airavata code base.
>
> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Amila Jayasekara
> <th...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Suresh,
> >
> > The review board seems to be simple to use. But I am having trouble
> > configuring Airavata as a repository and add airavata as a new group. Do
> > you have any idea how to do that ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Amila
> >

> > On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > + 1. For the tools, we have a choice between:
> > >
> > > http://www.reviewboard.org/
> > >
> > > http://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/overview
> > >
> > > Suresh

> --