Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Berks <gr...@fastmail.fm> on 2007/01/22 17:27:05 UTC

SCM URL and branch independance

If I put in the url for the repository location into the pom.xml it
appears to tie it to one particular branch / trunk.

If I branch off the trunk, what am I meant todo about the scm url ?

Update it manually ? Is there anyway to have the url independent of
the pom file ?

Thanks

Re: SCM URL and branch independance

Posted by Graham Berks <gr...@fastmail.fm>.
I dont see how it's possible for it to work. Under the branch and and trunk
our code is on different url's ie
branch/development/app and then trunk/app

Unless maven understands SVN entirely - how can it understand the new url ?

I can understand the need for the scm plugin to know the url to update etc.
It just seems very odd to
put in a location specific url into a file which other wise location
independent.

Thanks
Graham

Posted by Petr Ferschmann <pf...@softeu.com>.
Hello Graham,

Try to use release plugin
mvn release:prepare
mvn release:perform

It releases file, creates tag and updates SCM url and version.

Graham Berks píše v Po 22. 01. 2007 v 16:27 +0000:

> If I put in the url for the repository location into the pom.xml it
> appears to tie it to one particular branch / trunk.
>
> If I branch off the trunk, what am I meant todo about the scm url ?
>
> Update it manually ? Is there anyway to have the url independent of
> the pom file ?
>
> Thanks

Petr Ferschmann

SoftEU s.r.o.