Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/01 23:00:01 UTC

[m2] How to avoid running CPD when using maven-pmd-plugin?

Hi all,

I'm using the maven-pmd-plugin to check my code. I am now finding,
however, that CPD (that's 'CPD' not 'PMD') is not as useful as I had
hoped so I would like to exclude it.

I tried adding

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>pmd</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
<configuration>...</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

I had hoped this would mean to *only* run PMD but CPD still runs.

I used help:describe to see if there were any properties I could set
to not run CPD but couldn't find anything. The source of
maven-pmd-plugin also didn't reveal anything.

Someone please enlighten me, how do I do this?

Cheers,
Hilco