Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Bauman <ni...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/18 15:09:05 UTC

Re: Unique instance...

You must make the class a Singleton. A single class with one connection to
access the DB will cause problems, though: it might work for you in
development but will fail under heavy load.

More likely you want to do DB connection pooling, which involves using a
connection pool factory. There are various connection pooling classes out
there open source. "Pool Man" is such a tool.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Fernando Mansilla wrote:

> I want use an unique instance of a class to connect at the database
> which is used in all my jsp pages.
> When create this class and how make it global to my aplication?

Nicolaus Bauman
Software Engineer
Simplexity Systems
I'll give you $5 if you follow this link:
https://secure.paypal.x.com/refer/pal=nixnixnix%40yahoo.com