Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/18 17:22:16 UTC

FYI - Forked NVD3

Just an FYI that I forked NVD3 last night.
https://github.com/apache-superset/superset-ui/pull/615

I reached out to the maintainers more than a week ago to offer help but
they're not responsive.
https://github.com/novus/nvd3/issues/2222

Happy to grant access to the npm package to committers/PMC, do we have a
publish list of all of the committers/PMC npm usernames somewhere?

The primary/trunk branch had fixes we've been needing for years that never
got released, and it's likely that we need to patch/tweak the lib in the
future.

The goal is really just to be able to patch things, clearly we're not
investing further in NVD3, the plan being to move towards some other
library, echarts <https://github.com/novus/nvd3/issues/2222> being a top
contender.

Max

Re: FYI - Forked NVD3

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@preset.io>.
I moved it to `apache-superset` org earlier today. It started as a bit of
an experiment (I never created an npm package before) and didn't know how
well this would work (had to use "Grunt"!?) and wanted to keep the
experiment in our backyard before it worked.

Here: https://github.com/apache-superset/nvd3

Max

Re: FYI - Forked NVD3

Posted by Erik Ritter <er...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.