Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Scott Anderson <sa...@airvana.com> on 2008/05/27 20:22:11 UTC

Shut down Cayenne cleanly?

I have a feeling this may turn out to be a stupid question, but here
goes anyways:

Is there a good way to cleanly shut down Cayenne? Have deployed my web
app containing Cayenne to a tomcat server; this works great, until I try
to undeploy or redeploy a new WAR. Tomcat fails to delete
WEB-INF/lib/cayenne-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, which I'm assuming is due
to an untidy shutdown.

Thanks,

-Scott

Re: Shut down Cayenne cleanly?

Posted by bob <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

You could try enabling antiJARLocking in your context.xml and see if
that helps:

<Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/myapp">
</Context>

See here for details:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Standard%20Implementation

kind regards