Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joe Chen <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/04 23:26:21 UTC

Question on overriding T41 client-side validation

Hi all,
  I'd like to override the default client-side validation behavior in T41 to
be more like the implementation in Tacos (or the validation examples in the
Dojo toolkit).  The client side dojo Dialog widget that pops up isn't a good
default in certain situations.  For instance, we are using a dojo Dialog
widget to display the a login form.  It just seems a little bit strange when
a second dojo Dialog pops up on top of the the original login Dialog.

  Does anyone know what are the steps required to change the default
behavior to be more like the old Tacos validation? I'm open to all
solutions, including rebuilding Tapestry source.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Question on overriding T41 client-side validation

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You can probably just re-define the function that currently does this
- "tapestry.form.validation.summarizeErrors(form, results, profile)" :

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/javascript/form-validation.html

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer