Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1998/07/28 21:29:04 UTC

[Fwd: config/2705: apache.org online documentation refers to confdirectory. Should be etc instead? (fwd)]

Marc Slemko wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR config/2705; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
> To: apbugs@apache.org
> Cc:  Subject: RE: config/2705: apache.org online documentation refers to conf
>  directory. Should be etc instead? (fwd)
> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:05:58 -0700 (PDT)
>
>  What can I say, I agree with everything he says.
>
>  The default apaci directories are quite confusing and nonsensical when you
>  install Apache in its own tree, with extra levels added for fun.
>
>  but, the argument for adding it was always that "oh, it is optional so it
>  can't hurt a fly so there is no reason to not add it" so...

Seems to me that the answer is to have apaci default to a layout that
matches the "standard" Apache one, and optionally use other layout(s). I
know it completely breaks me if I use it as it is.

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/recruit/

Re: [Fwd: config/2705: apache.org online documentation refers to confdirectory. Should be etc instead? (fwd)]

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Hmmm ... well we could at least have a flag to use the old-style layout.

We do, supposedly.  --compat

Re: [Fwd: config/2705: apache.org online documentation refers to confdirectory. Should be etc instead? (fwd)]

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.