Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by WilfriedBiesinger <Wi...@web.de> on 2012/01/18 11:50:07 UTC

Fw2 [ooo-site] - dwnld-size Mac-version 200MB for 56k-modem or ISDN

A cruel, this ooo-sites and telling you.

Got 5 mails with telling all but nothing.

Found out by myself:
 german latest version does not exist. So from this: no such file or directory: the without Java -version.

Which of the Mac-version I have to take, nobody tells.
(The PPC and intel -question:
it is for an old typical Mac (all in Monitor, I would short name),  system called ´Tiger´, I understand.
(600 MHz CPU, 512 MB RAM.)
For this I think, the PPC-version is the right one, but do not really know.
I mean to understand: for both, intel OR PPC it is possible to use the intel-version, right ?)

Regards.

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2012-01-18 4:50 AM  WilfriedBiesinger wrote concerning  "Fw2 [ooo-site] - dwnld-size
Mac-version 200MB for 56k-modem or ISDN":
> Found out by myself:
>   german latest version does not exist. So from this: no such file or directory: the without Java -version.
>
> Which of the Mac-version I have to take, nobody tells.
> (The PPC and intel -question:
> it is for an old typical Mac (all in Monitor, I would short name),  system called ´Tiger´, I understand.
> (600 MHz CPU, 512 MB RAM.)
> For this I think, the PPC-version is the right one, but do not really know.
> I mean to understand: for both, intel OR PPC it is possible to use the intel-version, right ?)

You need the PPC version. Mac versions of OOo do not include java.
The last version of OOo available for PPC Macs in German is OOo 3.2.1.  You can get it  by
selecting the German version for PPC Macs at  http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

Or, here is a direct link to download it:
http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/openoffice-extended/stable/3.2.1/OOo_3.2.1_MacOS_PPC_install_en-US.dmg

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada