Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marieke Vandamme <ma...@tvh.be> on 2010/10/28 08:25:34 UTC

Betr.: Re: Modalwindow with confirm box on close button

Hello,

Thanks for the response!
I already use jquery in my project for other stuff, so I would be a
solution.

I hoped there was a standard fitted solution in wicket.
We override 'getEventHandler' often to override the onclick for a
behavior,
so why can't there be something like that to override the onclick of the
close button?
Does it exist or should i put it as 'new feature'?

Thanks, Marieke

Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>
27/10/2010 16:23
Antwoord a.u.b. aan
users@wicket.apache.org

Aan
users@wicket.apache.org
Cc

Onderwerp
Re: Modalwindow with confirm box on close button

Hi Marieke,

some times ago I've solved a similar problem using JQuery and a plugin
called jQuery AOP, but I don't know if exists a simpler solution. I used
jQuery AOP with close button which is a standard anchor with class
attribute set to 'w_close'. The following script will ask user to
confirm before closing window without sending any data to server. I hope
it could help you:

$('a.w_close').each(function(){
jQuery.aop.around( {target: this, method: 'onclick'},
                   function(invocation) {

                     if(confirm("Are you REALLY sure?")){
                         return invocation.proceed();
                     }else{