Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Michele Sciabarra <op...@sciabarra.com> on 2018/07/21 08:25:48 UTC

Where to contribute examples for Golang?

In the latest session it has been mentioned the web site is going to get  revamped adding some examples.

I would like to contribute creating a few examples for GoLang but I have a few questions:

1. which examples you  need?
2. where those examples have to be contributed?

I think it would be helpful a place somewhere with a list of examples in a programming language that can be translated in another language from a contributor and submitted as a PR.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  openwhisk@sciabarra.com

Re: Where to contribute examples for Golang?

Posted by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com>.
Yup , but where? Is it there "a place"?
I mean, contribute to the runtime under "/examples" or to the website somewhere or...

One problem (and personal frustration) of the openwhisk project is that is so vast in term of repositories that unless you know what to do, your contribute went unnoticed.

I contributed ScalaTest tests for my runtime  to the main repository, as it was requested, and my PR was closed because now they should be moved ... in the runtime.

But how? The runtime is go code, moving Scala Tests means to create a Scala infrastructure, that in all honesty is not that simple (the scala testing code is quite a lot). So I fixed my original "cram based" tests and contributed to the openwhisk repo as PR. They are still there waiting.

I am afraid that trying to provide those examples without agreeing "the receiver" would have the same destiny of my other PR for tests... So please give directions. Where I have to submit the examples as a PR?

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

Some thoughts of the top, we should have:

- accessing function parameters,
- returning an http response form a webaction,
- decoding a base64 payload (webaction),
- working with context parameters in the environment

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.