Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by James Jenkins <lj...@centurylink.net.INVALID> on 2021/11/23 15:42:37 UTC

ASCll problem ???

My spreadsheet file will not open from either "shortcut or document
folder", been using this file for years.  keep getting ASCll Filter
Options (character set unicode, English, . . . )

Live in United State, Arizona

Re: ASCll problem ???

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 08:42:37 -0700
James Jenkins <lj...@centurylink.net> wrote:

> My spreadsheet file will not open from either "shortcut or document
> folder", been using this file for years.  keep getting ASCll Filter
> Options (character set unicode, English, . . . )
>
> Live in United State, Arizona

Your file is damaged beyond repair, possibly due to over hasty power off of your computer or closure of laptop lid, before the file housekeeping had been transmitted

As soon as possible try the methods in this tutorial
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038 for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file.

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.  This may recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

Waste no time with the existing file - it will have no usable content.

--
Rory O'Farrell