Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nathan Quirynen <na...@pensionarchitects.be> on 2013/04/03 10:26:18 UTC

Case sensitivity

Not sure if this question belongs here, but:

Is there a way to force case sensitivity in Tapestry, because sometimes
when deploying on a Linux server I get errors caused by case
sensitivity, which I don't detect on my development machine. So it would
be nice to have a way to force this in some way if possible.
An example is that I had wrong casing (typo) in a path to a .js file in
@Import.

--

Een klare kijk op aanvullende pensioenen

*Nathan Quirynen*
03 340 04 60 | 0494 28 45 15
nathan@pensionarchitects.be <ma...@pensionarchitects.be>

Follow us on Web <http://www.pensionarchitects.be> | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/pen_arch> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/pension-architects> | RSS
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/pensionarchitects> | YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/pensionarchitects>

RE: Case sensitivity

Posted by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com>.
My brother swears by Vagrant (http://www.vagrantup.com/) for this type of thing.  He creates vms that are “identical” to production.

Not sure if this question belongs here, but:

It does. :)

Is there a way to force case sensitivity in Tapestry,

No. And I wouldn't expect for it to happen.

because sometimes when deploying on a Linux server I get errors caused by case sensitivity, which I don't detect on my development machine. So it would be nice to have a way to force this in some way if possible.

Or develop in Linux. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Since 1982, Starpoint Solutions has been a trusted source of human capital and solutions. We are committed to our clients, employees, environment, community and social concerns. We foster an inclusive culture based on trust, respect, honesty and solid performance. Learn more about Starpoint and our social responsibility at http://www.starpoint.com/social_responsibility

This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Starpoint Solutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Re: Case sensitivity

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.